OK, Cathy, you’ve tagged me; so here are 7 random things about me (even though I really don’t like to talk or write about me personally!).
1. I design and create counted cross-stitch projects, usually giving the completed projects away as gifts. I’ve had several designs published in national cross-stitch publications. The only problem is I have too many ideas and way too little time to complete the design and project. Guess I’ll add that to my list of things to do whenever I retire!
2. Besides doing all sorts of crafts I especially enjoy creating floral arrangements. All my holiday arrangements are original creations. When my oldest daughter married I created the altar flower arrangement. When the florist delivered the greenery, bouquets, and boutonnières, I had already placed the altar arrangement. He examined it thoroughly and then asked who I had hired to create that arrangement. When I told him I’d had done it, he offered me a job!
3. My music taste and collection is very eclectic, everything from grand opera to big band to country music, but I’ve never developed a taste for jazz.
4. I don’t like to listen to books-on-tape. Being a very visual learner I’ve never enjoyed having someone read to me. I much prefer having the book in front of me and reading it myself.
5. I often daydream about what I’d do if I won the lottery. I’d be very generous and share with my children, church, and other organizations. There’s just one thing standing between me and that jackpot…you have to buy a ticket in order to win!
6. My most favorite place to be is sitting facing the ocean. It doesn’t matter what time of year, blistering July sun or the frigid winter of December and January. Now that’s something else I’d do if I ever won the lottery…buy an oceanfront condo, quit my job, and become a beach bum! H-m-m-m-m, maybe I’ll just go buy a ticket before I finish this post!
7. Reading is one of my most favorite past times. I read a lot of different genres but what I like best are crime/mystery novels. My favorite authors are Patricia Cornwell, Alex Kava, Mary Higgins Clark, Kathryn Wall (she lives at Hilton Head!), T. Lynn Ocean (she lives in Little River!), Kathy Reichs, and Janet Evanovich (her Stephanie Plum series). Incidentally, watch for my interviews with Wall and Ocean in my new video series, A Literary Tour of South Carolina, which is set to be broadcast to all South Carolina schools during the 2008-2009 school year.
Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.